It’s been a while since I’ve made a new post, I have a work-in-progress that is going to take up a lot of time. But in the meantime, here’s what I’ve done recently.
My first post was of Anelma’s Flower Socs and they seemed quite popular. If you follow my blog, you’ll remember that my cousin posted a picture to Facebook asking if I could make the socks in the picture. After a Google image search, I found the pattern on Ravelry.
The socks came out wonderful, but I had so much leftover material and nothing to do with it. Since there are so many colors, each one got used only a little bit. You can only make socks so big.
So we decided to use up some of the remaining yarn on the socks again for my cousin’s daughter. Instead of making an exact replica, I switched out the colors so the socks would be unique.
The first pair of socks (left) used the gray as the primary color, the new pair (right) uses blue. The other colors appear in different places as well. This way they each have a unique set of socks without having to purchase a ton of different colors.
I chose to do the flowers in a row around the ankle in white for both pairs of socks because I feel that it really makes them pop. Same goes for the pompoms. I changed the embellishments a bit, choosing to do fewer flowers on the new pair but the flowers I used were bigger.
Coming soon! I remembered that a while back, I created my own pattern for leg warmers. I plan to reverse-engineer the pattern (I forgot to write it down while working) and upload the pattern for purchase on either Etsy or Ravelry. I will post pictures and links to the pattern. I plan to create the written pattern both in written and chart format. Bear with me if it takes a while, it will be my first time writing a pattern and I’m very nervous and excited about it.